Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Auto Bailout - Have Us Buy Cars, Give Them to military

#1. Auto Bailout - Have Us Buy Cars, Give Them to military
Advertisements

Auto Bailout - Have Us Buy Cars, Give Them to military

It's crazy.

Auto Bailout - Have Us Buy Cars, Give Them to military

American taxpayers are being asked to shell out other billion or so to general Motors and other billion to Chrysler in this second round of the auto company bailouts ... So that they can shut down plants and get rid of tens of thousands of employees.

Yes, give them oodles of money so they can destroy parts of themselves.

Here's how I would have it allocated ... Assuming it's going to happen, and it probably will ... If I were one of President Obama's "auto czars."

Instead of giving to destroy, I would give to build and generate.

I would have the government place orders big-time for the most fuel-efficient vehicles from the Big Three. Not just Gm and Chrysler but Ford as well. Ford has been noble in not begging for a government handout because of its previously made funding arrangements; I would repaymen it now and help keep it going.

I would order billion each from Gm of Chevy Cobalts, Chevy Aveos, Chevy Malibu hybrids and Chevy Hhrs.

I would order billion each from Ford of flee hybrids, Focuses, Rangers and Fusions.

I would order billion each from Chrysler of Dodge Calibers, Sebring convertibles and Pt Cruisers.

These are at the top of each company's products in the Epa gas mileage lists.

There, I've spent billion of the combined billion the associates want. But I'm spending it to keep plants open and workers working. I'm spending it to encourage the associates to keep building the kinds of vehicles the nation needs to minimize its dependency on foreign oil imports.

That's just a start. If by placing orders now for hereafter delivery would help Chevrolet develop the Volt, I'd spend money to place the orders. Ditto for Ford and Chrysler in their efforts to produce galvanic cars.

I didn't reconsider divisions that are threatened, like Pontiac and Saturn. But if they survive, I would order their fuel-efficient vehicles, too.

If any of the above models are loss leaders, I would up the ante and pay enough per car so that the company makes a profit.

And doesn't this strike the No. 1 qoute of the auto associates ... Not enough habitancy are buying their products? Well, I as an auto czar would be buying their products and plentifulness of them.

Don't bog this down by demanding details on which model or which options should be ordered ... Or by saying this vehicle should be added or that one removed from the list ... Or by telling me how abysmally puny I know about the auto industry. I admit it ... I understand very puny about cars even though my father was an engineer in the manufactures for many years and developed more than 20 patents for Gm.

I'm just trying to use coarse sense to outline out how to turn this auto bailout from a negative to a certain ... How to verily help Detroit instead of drag it down even further.

Oh, yes ... What to do with all these cars Uncle Sam is going to buy.

Here's what I would do.

For each serviceman or servicewoman who re-ups in the military, I would give this man a free vehicle of his/her option from the list above. It's a pretty good range to pick from ... Small cars, regular cars, a convertible, Suv, truck. Instead of empty words to thank our forces veterans for their service, this would be something they would find a lot more meaningful ... A tangible deed.

If more cars are needed to satisfy the furnish of re-enlisting personnel, and I don't have the faintest idea what number's required, I'd order more depending on the preferences the first recipients expressed.

If there are lots of leftover cars, it wouldn't be too hard to find a home for them ... Government car pools and fleets, for example, to lower costs for the taxpayers. Or give cars to habitancy who re-up in the National Guard. Not to worry ... If something's offered for free, there will be plentifulness of takers.

Like it?

share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share Auto Bailout - Have Us Buy Cars, Give Them to military.


No comments:

Post a Comment